Tuesday, November 20, 2012

The Polaroid Exhibition.


Today I finally went to see the Finnish Museum of Photography´s exhibition "The Polaroid" that I had been longing to see for awhile. It was just as good as I had hoped it to be! So many photos that got you thinking what is the story behind the picture. Here are some of my favorite polaroids from the exhibition. Unfortunately I do not have all the names of the photographers. There was an interesting set of polaroids with pictures of guys that were asked "Why didn´t you have sex?" and their replies were written on the polaroids. I thought it was quite interesting!

I highly recommend to go and see the exhibition if you like photos as an art form. Personally I love it. It is one of my favorite art forms. More information about the exhibition on Finnish Museum of Photography´s page: http://www.valokuvataiteenmuseo.fi/en.

This was a piece done by Kari Riipinen in 1986 called "After Midnight". I think this looks very contemporary still.

Something so simple and beautiful about this piece.

I can´t remember what this was about or who´s it was but it looked interesting to me. 

Pretty legs are always cool.

I love the shoes and the glam 70´s style vibe!


I had sunglasses just like this back in the nineties when there was this grunge boom going on. Kurt Cobain had similar ones of course;).

There is beauty in simplicity.

A piece done by Vicky Lee Ragan "The Princess and the Frogs" from 1983.

This is a picture of an American classroom by Catherine Wagner. There is a biology class going on. I thought this was funny. 

This was a picture by some Finnish photographer and the I think it was part of a photo serie called "Perintö" that means inheritance in english.


There was just something interesting about this picture where a woman is sitting alone by the beach.

This is so cool! It is Ann McQueen´s piece from 1984 called the "The Double Jump".

 
This reminded me of street fashion ads and fashion spreads on magazines a couple of years ago. The style how it is done.



No comments:

Post a Comment